Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independance Day!

On July 4, 1776, we claimed our independence from Britain and Democracy was born. Even now, thousands leave their homeland to come to the “land of the free and the home of the brave” so they can begin their American Dream.  The United States is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic people. Each year on July 4, Americans celebrate that freedom and independence with barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings.  Our country is far from perfect but I feel extremely fortunate to have lived my life in America.  This particular July 4th will always stand as a reminder that God worked in a powerful way over the summer of 2012.  I found freedoms that eluded me my entire life and they weren't embedded in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.  As powerful as those two documents are, they can't reach deep enough into the human heart to capture the power of these words.   "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."  I've read these words so many times.  I have preached these words to others.  This summer, the truth of these words rested in my life.  To God be the glory!

Happy Birthday, America!