Monday, July 2, 2012

Road Trip-3 Days Away From My Computer

Annie and I took a little road trip and went exploring around Cleveland.  We live right in the middle of Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Toronto.  We've spent a bunch of time investigating all of these cities--except Cleveland.  We stayed in Beechwood and had a great time checking out the local stuff and found a few amazing restaurants.   Top of the list.  Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant. Has the same feel and ambiance of Cheesecake Factory with a south of the border flare.  Food was perfect.  Also, Maggiano's Little Italy was a blast.  Felt like we were on the set of a wiseguys movie.  The room had a honest vintage feel and the food was the real deal.  Crazy, if you order a classic pasta dish, they give you a free pasta meal to take home with you, complements of the chef.  Never heard of that before.  

OK, I sound like I'm writing a food review.  The best part of this trip or any trip for me is always the same thing.  Spending time with Annie.  I love this woman so much and having yet another opportunity to get away was wonderful.  I continue to grow stronger, more hopeful and enjoy an ever deepening gratitude in all that my God has done for me.