Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day Five


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.   ~Matthew 11:28-29

I spent the entire day resting.  One of the things that unraveled me over this past year was lack of sleep.  I was determined to push through busy days/months weary or not.  It didn't work.  A statement like this one in Matthew 11 reminded me today just how understanding God is.  I rested today because He invited me to.  For the longest time I saw the yoke Jesus offered as a call to service.  A walking and serving in tandem.  It's far more than that.  It's a transfer of the weight I can't carry alone from my soul to His Spirit.  It's a place of learning and understanding.  God is supremely powerful yet gentle and humble in heart.  His promise is solid.  Today I found rest for my soul.