Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day Fourteen

I use the word intense quite a bit.  Probably too often because much of what I assign it toward isn't all that extreme.  This week was intense in every sense of the word.  I have gone places in my soul that I didn't believe possible.  The Word of God is said to penetrate so deeply that it divides "soul and spirit."  I honestly never understood what that means.  I do now.  I came here a hurting skeptic.  I could not imagine much happening in a weeks time but God had plans.  I have gone to bed each night exhausted from the rigorous drills of exposing wrong perceptions toward suffering and learning to replace it with trust.  The homework has been plentiful but perfecting matched to the actual counseling sessions.  This evening was increasingly intense because I was given the gift of releasing my saddness, weakness, confusion and fatigue in a waterfall of praise and confession 12,000 ft up in the center of the Rocky Mountains.  Never will I forget addressing Him in that setting.  These words sung regularly with church will never be experienced the same way again.
 
Deliverer, Come set me free Break every chain holding me,  Deliverer Come have Your way I surrender to Your rule and Your reign  Where the Spirit of the Lord is There is freedom Where the Spirit of the Lord is There is healing.  You say the word Mountains are moved Oceans and stars Stand in awe of You Just say the word And I will be changed. We'll see Your face And we will not be the same.