Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day Three

I reviewed a journal I began the first week of January 2011.  I wrote these words, "I believe 2011 will be one of the most challenging years of my life."  I had no idea how true those words would prove to be.  Never dreamed my most significant challenges to date would come in the later chapters of my life... but they have.  They have changed me.  In many ways for the better but in some, there has been damage.  Thankful for this time to realize afresh that Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God You are higher than any other, Our God is Healer, awesome in power.

Once again, He blessed the early hours of this morning with great encouragement and very personal interaction.  I forget how overwhelming a worship experience can be when you have no obligations in the running of it.  Not sure if this is just me or if all people who serve on Sunday mornings miss at least some the heart and essence of what God's Spirit it doing.  Often, my thoughts are entangled in what next thing I have to do in the service so, engaging in the moment gets kind of crushed.  LOVED my time with the people of Elevate Church.  It was so refreshing to worship my heart out with them.  Pastor Colby punched home a few ways we can override the complaining we so easily fall into.  Gratitude trumps so many evil and useless thoughts and keeps joy alive.  Here was my take away:  Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends.

Three days and God has already been so generous with me.  There is much still to experience, receive, review and release in my soul but...healing is beginning to take place.