Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day Twelve

I think of the catastrophic loss I have seen in Haiti after the earthquakes and the homes in New Orleans after Katrina.  Peoples lives so torn apart that it's impossible to find any sense of what it used to be like before the nightmare.  Yet, people adapt.  After awhile, it seems normal that your missing a roof and living under a tarp until perhaps that day arrives and someone comes to help you rebuild.


It's not that different when your personal life, your inner feelings get blown apart by a series of very unpleasant ugly circumstances.  In time, you tend to adapt to some lesser way of thinking and feeling.  That's me.  Then one day some people showed up to help me rebuild.  They point out just how wrong it is to live without a roof if there are people willing to build you a new yet different one.  David, Keith and Lorna are masterfully showing me a better way.  I will never forget this special time.