Friday, June 1, 2012

Day One

Facing the first of many days with no pressing obligations, I couldn't block out the uneasiness churning inside. The inertia of a very busy life won't be tamed instantly.  Felt I should start a list of things to accomplish to validate my getting to live another day.  Once I began reading the Psalms and felt the soothing calm that words of life bring to a ramped-up soul, the knots began to loosen.  A lover of scripture is like "a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers."  Such beautiful imagery, such beautiful truth.

Ready for an adventure, I went and picked up C-Boy.  We have "guys days", just the two of us doing guys stuff.  Over lunch, I asked him several serious questions to see what he would come up with.  That was just after he announced to the entire restaurant in his best deep super hero voice that he had to "poop" and took off toward the restrooms.  He got a few good laughs out of that one.

Once settled, we went through a discussion something like this:
  1. C, do people love you?  Yes!  How do you know?  Because we're having guys day and you know I love guys day.  He then moved over to my side of the booth.   
  2. Are you afraid of anything?  Yes.  Like what?  Spiders!  Are you afraid right now?  No.  Why?  Because you're here.
  3. Are you going to pay for lunch?  Noooo.  Why not?  That's your job!
  4. Are you ever sad?  Yes.  When?  When Allie's not here.
  5. What are these people singing about????  As we both stop to listen to the music in the Mexican restaurant, I said "can't you tell?"  I don't understand Chinese!  Oh boy.
What a thrill it is to watch a kid being a kid.  Jesus was very serious when used a child as an example for His disciples to follow.  He said they would never understand His kingdom without trusting like a kid.  What a PERFECT thing to experience today.  Kids are at peace when they have caring adults paying attention, joining them at play and providing strength to wipe away tears and fears.  Thanks C.  Great reminder that in Gods eyes...I will always be a child.