Monday, June 25, 2012

Day Twenty Five

These words from an ancient book of the bible moved me today.   The prophet says, "You have taken up my cause, O Lord; you have redeemed my life."  There will be times for each one of us throughout this experience of life on earth where we will really need help.  It won't be the typical bump in the road or common disappointment.  Something or someone will so overpower you that you lose your way.  We hope and pray for an advocate that will step in and help us swim back to the surface.  In this passage, the Lord Himself took up the cause and redeemed a life.  I have no desire to exaggerate the circumstances I've been working through or to assign unique importance to my need but I honestly believe the Lord took up my cause and helped me.  I have seen His hand and heart at every turn over these past three weeks.  I am so very grateful.  I had a long talk with my pastor and friend Derek today.  It was so good to hear from him.  He is so instrumental in my being able to get some help and having this time off.  Thanks D for everything.  This was a good day.