Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day Six

Very easy going day by design.   Loving these long slow days with Annie.  Today, we had a special guest.  Ian Adams stopped over.  He's a really sweet kid. Always a smile on his face.  All my grand-kids have nicknames and those names came easy to me.  Struggled a little with Ian but we finally landed on Ian "Patch" Adams.   It was very soothing to have this time with him.  Children have a way of breaking things down to the simplest levels.  Goofy noises, rubbing noses, tossing him in the air and singing little songs brought him a lot of joy.  It did for me too.  I preached a good deal the month prior to this sabbatical.  One of the verses I spoke on was Zephaniah 3:17, "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."  I have thought about that last statement ever night since I taught it--He will rejoice over you with singing.  There is no song I would rather hear than His.  Watching Ian respond to my song makes me long to hear His!  Another good and helpful day.