Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Twenty One

I opened this blog mainly for myself.  I wanted to look back and see all that God would do over this time off to rest and heal.   I also left a link on fb with the hope that others may benefit from this experience.  Apparently, some have found it helpful as there have been nearly 1300 hits in the last few weeks.  That's pretty cool.

I have never had this much discretionary time away from work in my life.  I have tried to spend each day wisely and  be mindful how I would invest it.  I also didn't want to run a tight schedule and destroy the spontaneity.  Today, I decided to pour into C-Boy, Chuey and Boo.  I literally spent hours playing crazy games with them in their pool.  I let them lead the craziness and found they have rich diverse imaginations as one game spun neatly into the next.  These were games that didn't exist until today.  That's what I'll remember about Thursday June 21st.  An old dude and three little kids loved each other and for a brief window of time, played in a world with no squabbles, selfishness, competition, exclusion, sadness or anger.  I somehow believe that heaven may be far more about innocent play than ruling the universes.  We shall see.  Great day.